Top 10 Best Queen Size Futon Mattress Beds (2020 Reviews)
queen size futon
futon beds queen size
queen futon frame
queen size futon frame
Most of futons out there are twin sized, so, it’s hard to find a queen futon.
But lucky you! In this article, I will review 10 queen-sized futons or alternative space-saving beds.
What is a futon?
We may be talking about 2 types of furniture here, both for a good night sleep – the western futon and the japanese futon.
The Western futon is a convertible couch that can be flipped flat to become a bed. It often comes in twin size because that’s the ideal size when converted into a sofa.
The Japanese futon, on the other hand, is a high-density pad that is about 3-6-inch thick. People place it on the ground or on a firm flat surface, and sleep on it. It’s obviously not as sink-in as the western mattress, and therefore helps you avoid back pain.
Table of Contents
Overview of the best queen futon mattresses
MOZAIC Trupedic Queen Size 10-inch Pocket Coil Futon Mattress
MAXYOYO Japanese Queen Floor Futon Mattress
Most portable, hypoallergenic
EMOOR Original -CLASSE Series- Queen Futon Set
Best value set
1. MOZAIC Trupedic Queen Size 10-inch Pocket Coil Futon Mattress
This queen size futon mattress is great for support. If you like that sink-in feeling, you gotta check it out.
Featuring individually pocketed coil and 10-inch thickness, it will give you that custom support for each body part.
It’s because each coil will sink in independently of each other. How much it sinks is based on your body part weight.
That means it relieves the pressure points such as your hip and shoulders.
- Lace tufted
- Made in the USA
- Contouring support, relieving pressure point
- Very thick – 10 inches thick
- Contains cool gel to reduce sleeping hot
- Lace tufted makes it look like a sofa
- The tufts look cheap
- Not designed to be converted daily between a bed and a chair. The mattress might tear at the fold over time.
2. DHP Hartford Sectional Sofa
This is a great buy for its sleek design and storage solution. It’s definitely not as comfortable as the thicker mattresses. But, it makes a great guest bed.
It’s a stylish sectional sofa with the back convertible to a lounger and a bed. One person can lounge or sleep comfortably on it.
When flipped out flat, it’s a twin bed.
If you want to turn it into a queen bed, simply add the matching ottoman to your order. It’s in the same link below.
The coolest thing? – It’s the storage solution that this futon bed offers!
You can find a lot of storage space in the sectional and the ottoman. Perfect for a small living space.
- Must buy the Ottoman to make a queen bed
- Interchangeable Chaise and futon
- Multi-position back rest
- Available in Black faux Leather upholstery or grey Chenille
- Easy to assemble
- Stylish, multipurpose
- Big storage compartment in the chaise and the ottoman
- The back can flipped back into multiple positions: sofa, lounger, bed
- Back rest is short, no head support
- The surface is less cushioning to sleep on than other options
3. MAXYOYO Japanese Queen Floor Futon Mattress
This queen futon mattress is the most skin-friendly, and hence good for babies too. Beside the memory foam layer in the middle, the rest is 100% cotton from the cover to filling.
The high density pad, which is quilted down to 4 inches thick from 6.7 inches, with a layer of memory foam will give you enough cushion.
It’s light weight and portable, can be rolled up and stored away. The plus is it comes with 3 accessories: a dust-proof cover, straps and a canvas storage case
- Available in Twin, Full, Queen size
- Very portable – the set comes with straps and storage case
- Most of this futon mattress is cotton, which is good for sensitive skin
- The thin layer of memory foam somewhat gives you contouring support
- Easy to clean – comes with a dust-proof cover
4. EMOOR Original -CLASSE Series- Queen Futon Set
Up for some Eastern breeze? This authentic Japanese futon set gives you the experience of the japanese culture – sleeping on the floor.
It comes with a japanese futon mattress (shikibuton), a comforter, and a pillow – everything you need to have a good sleep.
The futon mattress can be folded in three. And the whole set is very light weight and compact. You can easily store this away when not using it, and carry it on trips.
It’s a perfect guest bed if you have a small space and want to keep the room as minimalist as possible.
You can also use this futon mattress as a topper for your current mattress to increase comfort and to reduce bad sink-in of old mattress.
- Available in Twin, Full, Queen
- Value set, it contains all you need to sleep
- Outer fabric is 100% cotton, good for sensitive skin
- The futon mattress might be a bit thin for you, being 2.5-inch thick
- Need covers
5. MAGSHION Rolling Queen Futon Bed
This rolling mattress is ideal for sleepovers, camping trips, or if you have to move a lot. It’s compact, light weight, and it comes with a removable cover and ties to secure the roll up.
- Available in Single, Twin, Full, Queen
6. FULI Japanese Traditional Shiki Futon
- Available in Twin, Full, Queen, and King
- As a mattress topper (on a couch), makes the guest bed more comfortable
- On the floor or a tatami mat, good for spinal alignment and back pains
- Light weight
- Can roll up and store away
- Thinner than advertised
- You will have to hang in sunlight and beat it weekly to make it fluff
- Will need to buy a cover
7. LUXTON Japanese Queen Shiki Futon
This Japanese futon is, probably, the thickest japanese futon mattress available on Amazon. So, if you like sleeping on the floor but still want that thick cushioning from a western mattress, here is the perfect fusion.
The fabric is 100% organic cotton. The futon is antibacterial and hypoallergenic. So, it’s better for babies, and for your skin than some other mattresses.
- Antibacterial and hypoallergenic
- Available in Twin long, Twin long with extra Padding, Full long, Queen long
- Thick japanese futon mattress – 6 inches
- Fabric is 100% organic cotton
- Antibacterial and hypoallergenic
- Filling is polyester. Would be great if it’s cotton to match with the skin-friendliness of the fabric.
8. Serta Chestnut Double Sided Foam and Cotton Queen Futon Mattress
This queen futon mattress is probably a hit or miss. There are mixed opinions about this specific product on Amazon regarding the quality.
On one hand, it looks great and is comfortable. 8-inch mattress with cotton cover. Tufted for a sofa-like finished look.
However, there are bad reviews on Amazon saying the product is not that great because it’s sold by Wolf, and not Serta (Wolf is the oldest licensee manufacturer of Serta futon mattress).
Indeed, there is this inconsistency in sellers (some options are sold by Serta, some by Wolf). And it may have affected quality control, which leads to bad reviews on Amazon.
- Serta Futon Mattresses feature Cottonique. Cottonique combines selected grades of cotton with polyester fibers for a unique, durable upholstery blend that outperforms and outlasts traditional cotton batting. As a result Serta futons are more resilient, more comfortable and yet surprisingly light. The Serta Chestnut futon mattress is a high quality foam and cotton futon with 1, 2″ foam core and 1, 2″ Storm, Wolf’s bonded fiber pad, surrounded by layers of Wolf’s cotton blend. It is 8″ thick and provides firm support. It has a five year warranty. Machine lace tufts and true box casing construction complete the Chestnut. All Serta Futon mattresses are compressed, rolled and boxed which makes for ease in shipping and installation.
- Made in the USA
- Tufted and box cased for a great finished look
- Some people report strong smell
What's my recommendations for the best futon?
FAQs about queen futons